Monday, November 30, 2009

I Should Get My Hand Slapped

I am so very very bad. I haven't written in six months, perhaps a little longer. Needless to say, I have been very busy and the house has been nuts.

News on the diaper front: We have discovered that Sintu is lactose intolerant. We have him off all milk products and, though it hasn't completely cleared up the problem, things are going better. It helps that he still poops on the toilet quite frequently, even if we're not completely potty trained. Thank God for small favors. I'd rather flush than wipe!

News on the Sintu Front: He's talking very well now and has become a sturdy little boy. he understands so much and has so much to say that it's amazing to watch him learn new things every day. I am so glad he's part of our lives.

News on the Dagny Front: Dags went back to school this year and is in the older class. In addition to regular preschool, she also attends School Readiness at the high schoo, which teaches her what kindergarten will be like. She loves it. She has also started dance class and can do a plie, a passe, an arabesque, and a sashay - which she does all over the house. She can also recite the entire Pledge of Allegiance, including the word "indivisible" which is hard for some adults. I'm so proud of her.

The job at the library is going very well, though I am very busy there. When I get home I find there are few things I want to do other than sit and stare at the television until my brain drips out through my nose. Nice thought, huh?

Thanksgiving was wonderful! We went to my cousin Terri's house, along with my parents and my cousin Randi and her boyfriend Mo. We had a great time and a fantastic dinner. On Friday morning, we all went to the Minnesota Children's Museum, which was great, and then somehow the girls managed to convince me to go to the MOA on Black Friday. It wasn't so bad, really. We had a good time shopping and then all 11 of us went out for pizza. Tha kids did a really good job!

I can't believe it's December and almost time for Christmas. So far, Sintu has just stared at the tree and batted a few ornaments. He hasn't tried to get the star...good thing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that everything is going well! It's great to read your update and don't worry - posting every now and again is better than nothing at all, especially given everything that's going on in your life right now. :D

alisa said...

Love the update!! Glad life is well (even if your brains do drip through your nose now and then)!