Thursday, March 19, 2009

Did I just catch up?

Hey...I'm writing on the right day!! Whoo hoo!

So this morning Dagny had a haircut and she said she wanted to cut it as short as her brother's (!). We compromised and she got it cut above her shoulders and its adorable! I love it. Sintayehu was pretty good at the hair place, too, and I was impressed that I got both kids out the door and made it to a 9:00 appointment!

After that, we stopped by the museum so Susan could meet him and then stopped by daddy's work, so he could see the haircut and then Dagny had school. We dropped her off and she was so proud of her hair! And Lori got to see Sintayehu in the parking lot, which was great.

I had to go to work for a little while, so mom and Sintayehu sat in the car and watched a bit of a movie, but eventually they came in and walked around while I did my meeting and then we came home for lunch - leftover pasta. Sintayehu took a nap in HIS room in HIS crib for the first time and he slept for 3 hours! And he seemed to really like his room! So Marc and I may have our room back soon, which I'm really looking forward to!

And I got caught up on my blogging, as you can all see. We are adjusting very well. I'm hoping he doesn't get too sad when my parents leave, because I think he thinks they're part of the family and are permanant residents. I'm so glad they're here and have been helping but I'm worried about what will happen when they leave. Oh well, no use stressing out about that now!

I'm coming to understand my house will never be clean again and that there are some things that I will have to just give up on. And I think I can live with that.

I think this is going really well. I keep waiting for something bad to happen, but I should just count my blessings and go forward, right! So that's what I'm praying God will help me do!

And our family is complete now. And we are so happy.

Be prepared for less blogging now that I've caught up...there are more important things in my house!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Steph, I am so happy your family is complete.He is so handsome. I was so anxious to see how Dagny handles being a sister. We will be going through that soon.I hope!
Thanks for taking a care package to G** and spending time with her.we are eternally grateful!!

Anonymous said...

Many congratulations, Stephanie, I'm so delighted you are all home safe together and adjusting to life as a family of four! I hope the medical problems clear up quickly.

It was lovely reading all your updates and when you wrote, "The love just expanded," I had tears in my eyes. Good luck to you all!

Tony and Debbi Short said...

Stephanie,
The Shorts are so happy for your family and are praising the Lord for you! Thanks so much for delivering our care package to B*****i! Were you able to take a picture of her for us. You son is adorable and has already bonded with your family. I enjoyed reading your Ethiopian experience and look forward to the day that we bring our daughter home. Again, thanks for sharing.