Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Bit Bummed

How ironic that my post about being bummed follows the thankful post. Just goes to show how the emotions are roller-coastering (yes, I know that's not a word).

We don't have a referral yet and Duni is out of the office today. I know, I know, she said the end of the month, but a girl can hope, right?

I'm a bit bummed because they sent out the next travel dates for the families with referrals already. Not that they have their travel dates, don't get me wrong. That's AWESOME!

What I'm bummed about is we were really hoping to travel maybe before Christmas and the travel dates encompass a group leaving on December 5th. Since we don't have a referral yet, it looks like we won't travel until January at the earliest, which means we really need to get our homestudy redone. *sigh* There's another $550 to spend, not to metion the new fees for the program. I know God will provide, but that doesn't take the stress away some days.

For those of you traveling, I am SO HAPPY for you and I look forward to sending something along for my son when you go.

Now if I could just get a referral...

1 comment:

Jori said...

I am still waiting for your phone call!!! I was one who got tentative dates today so you better be a litte happy ~ You are gonna want me to take some love for you!! I know you will be well into the waiting craziness by then and wanting more picutes from everyone that travels!!!
love ya, jori