Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Spoke to Duni!

I finally spoke to Duni and Marc was right, it helped. She told me that the orphanages were a bit full, as was the transistion home, so it was possible that no referrals would be made until the end of October. I don't know if she was telling me this to help me not stress out so much, or if it's true, but it helps to know anyway. She also gave me clues as to the order of the four families, but I'm not going to say anything here about that.

The only thing that stinks is that AWAA is increasing their international fees on the first of November, so if we accept our referral after that date, we'll be subject to twice as much money as we would pay otherwise. The fee will jump from $3450 to $7500, which is a huge increase we weren't expecting. If that happens, travel will be difficult since we budgeted, but we'll find a way.

Marc just hopes they aren't playing dirty and holding back referrals until November. I hope that, too. That would really be dirty pool.

2 comments:

vinceandalisa said...

OK- so I'm a total moron!! This entire time I've been checking your old blog -- I just noticed TODAY the link you posted for this one! So glad to finally find you! :) Anyhow, thanks for calling Duni -- I have no idea what to think at this point (which is unusual for me, b/c I always have an opinion). I'm still hopeful for this month...after all, there where 4 boy refs last month...
Alisa :)

Reno said...

You are good at inkling information...but now I really don't know what to think. I've been talking your blogs as well...I really need to find things to keep me busy or I will waste way too much time on the computer!

God bless you,
Anna Reno