Thursday, November 6, 2008

Good Tidings of Joy

Okay, well, to make a long story short, Marc lost his job three weeks ago. We almost stopped the adoption and moved to Phoenix, but we managed to keep cool heads and just try one day at a time.

But yesterday, Marc got a job! He is the new transportation manager for the county of Pipestone, which means he will organize and oversee the public transportation. It's a pay cut, so I still have to look for a job, too, which means leaving the museum (I'm heartbroken over that). On the job front for me, I have an interview for a librarian position next week. No jokes about naughty librarians, please. :D

God blessed us. I know, it's taking forever to get a referral, much MUCH longer than we thought it would. But that was God's plan. It's taken us awhile to get our ducks in a row and had we gotten a referral in the middle of the chaos, it would have been terrible. So he waited. And I am truly sorry that the other families had to wait with us, but I am so glad that it worked out this way. Now I can look forward to the referral again with joy instead of dread.

To all the other waiting families: our children have been born, they are waiting for us. And before we know it, they will be in our arms since they are already in our hearts.

3 comments:

sadie said...

So glad about Marc's new job. Congratulations!!!

Jori said...

Welcome back my bloggy friend!! :):)
love ya, jori

Reno said...

Hurray for the new job! God is good. Don't be sad for the Renos...the timing will be perfect :)

Hoping to meet you soon!

Anna
WFR 2/29/08 ;)