Saturday, November 15, 2008

REFERRAL!!!!

Friday afternoon, at 2:30 PM, we got the call. I was at work and painting away in the museum when my phone rings with a (703) area code. "703? Who's in 703?"

So I answer.

"Stephanie? This is Terra Bailey from America World."

My heart stops. And then I hear my husband's voice and I realize we've been conferenced together.

"Is this the call?" I manage to get out.

"Yes, this is the call," she replies. And I fall to my butt in the gallery and start crying. Big, uncontrolable sobs. My boss starts staring at me and then figures it out, and she leans against the broom and watches with tears in her eyes, too.

"We have a beautiful boy for you. His name is (can't share it yet) and his birthday is May 15, 2006."

2006? He's a toddler!! He's only a year younger than Dagny!!

I didn't manage to say anything else except thank you and to hear my husband promise he wouldn't look at the pictures until I got home.

And when I got hom with Dagny, we rushed to the computer to open up the jpeg and we saw his face for the first time. And we're in love. He's beautiful and I can't wait until he passes court and you all can see him.

AND...as if the day wasn't full enough...I got a job as Director of Libraries with the school system AND we put a deposit down on a new dog.

Heck, might as well have all our changes at once, right?

8 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations Stephanie! We are so, so happy for you and can't wait to see pictures!! with love, Karen Wistrom

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Susan said...

I am so happy for you all! What a week! I can't wait to see him...maybe I already have... Hmmm. :-)

Love you! Susan

Reno said...

Wow! Wow! Wow!

I have no other words!

Kimberly Kulp said...

YEAH!!! We are so happy for you! What an amazing answer to prayer! I can't wait to take pictures and love on your little one in January.

Kim

Rob and Candy said...

Stephanie! Congrats on your referral! rejoicing with you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Hall family!! We are so glad to hear this news. What a blessing for you and for your precious little boy. And congrats on the new job as well!

Kate Hutchinson

Rebecca Caldwell said...

Woo hoo!!! This is sooo awesome! And I love how the birthday/ticker thing worked out! Amazing!!!