Friday, April 18, 2008

Birthdays


So yesterday was my 35th birthday. I feel old, though I shouldn't since I'm not even close to actually being old. I suppose it was just one of those milestones maybe I wasn't expecting.


I had scheduled our appointment with the travel clinic for the afternoon, figuring my husband would take time off from work, we'd get our shots, then we could go get some ice cream or lunch just the two of us before picking up Dagny at daycare. But alas, this was not to be. Something came up at work for Marc and I ended up driving to Sioux Falls myself.


It wasn't bad, though. I got a pedicure (purple with flowers) and found a nice shirt at the mall, as well as getting a few other errands run, so all in all it was a pretty good afternoon. On the way home, I called a few friends and asked them to meet us at Pizza Ranch for dinner and they did, so dinner almost felt like a party. And that was very nice.


And then, of course, we just went home and watched TV. Marc bought me the book A New Earth, which is on Oprah's List and my pastor is reading right now. He wants someone else to read it so we can discuss it and that seems like a fun idea. Pastor Gene is an awesome guy and I think a theological discussion with him sounds like it would be enjoyable. Of course, with all the other books I have to read, it might take awhile.


While we were watching TV, Dagny fell asleep on my lap, her head pillowed against my chest. I have never felt like more of a mommy than I did right then. She is so incredibly beautiful that my heart aches when I look at her. So, of course, I cried and thanked my husband for the best present ever, a family.


And soo nthe family will grow and be even more of a blessing. Ephraim, we're waiting for you with open arms and eager hearts. Even Dagny tells people she's getting a brother and she can even say your name.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday!! You need a post a photo of your toes!

~Susan

tisha said...

Happy Birthday! :)
Tisha (awaa yg)

sadie said...

Happy Birthday Steph!
And I have to agree, Dagny is one beautiful girl.
We miss you guys. I'll call soon.

-Terri and the Fam

Jori said...

Ok, so 35 is next month for me! We can not be old, just more knowledgable! Well, safer choices? Well, ... ok so none of that is really true, we are more fun now though!
Blesings, Jori