Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring Fun

Well, tis that time of year where sometimes you need to find things to occupy yourself (see the sarcasm there?) as if playing outside and riding bikes wasn't enough in the first place. I auditioned for the Wizard Of Oz musical in Pipestone and got in, a speaking and singing part of the Guard at the Gate. You know the guy, who argues with the group about a sign on the door? yeah, that's me. I know, it's a guy's part, but that's where they cast me, so I'll make do and enjoy myself anyway. Should be fun.

Bowling is pretty much over. I could bowl singles if I wanted to in the tournament, but even with my hadicap of 213, I don't think I'd get very far. Yes, 213 shows that I am pretty bad at bowling. My average is 91 and last night at doubles I got a 96, 95, 94 in that order. At least I'm over my average, but I didn't break 100. One week, after a beer (or as the guys call it, aiming fluid) I actually bowled a 167 and got my name in the paper! Shut up, everyone, it's a small town. Things like that are exciting.

The weather has been beautiful the past few days and Dagny is playing outside at daycare which means more baths. My child is a dirt magnet! I picked her up yesterday and there was dirt on her face, all over her hands, and her dress was perfectly clean. How does that happen? I didn't spray it with teflon, so it should be as dirty as she is! Who knows.

Anyway, we're working on an exhibit on photography at the museum and hopefully I'll get a bunch done today, like placing objects and getting some labels and photographs in place. I need to move two manniquins upstairs and dress them in wedding clothes, since we have a photograph of a wedding couple AND we have the dress and suit in our collection. We're getting creative and trying to fill the space with fun stuff so it's not such a static exhibit. And downstairs we're working on carpeting maybe this summer, which would be grand since we're going to do a railroad exhibit next year. Railroads have been really important to the city of Pipestone.

I hear my small one waking. I'll write more later!

2 comments:

Jori said...

So fun, a play! AND I am not a very good bowler either, even though we like to go as a family. Our little guy keeps telling every one we are getting a brother AND a sister AND they are going to be chocolate! Our little ones sure do keep things interesting for us!! :)
Blessings, Jori

Unknown said...

Hello Stephanie.
I saw a photo or two from a community theatre play you performed in back in 2006. Which lead to this.
Hope you're having a great summer.

Joseph