Friday, July 18, 2008

No Diapers?

So while I was gone to California, Marc put Dagny in big girl panties for the first time. She did okay, wore a pull-up to bed, but on Sunday, she wanted back in the diaper. When I got home, she wanted panties again, so she wore her panties to Bible School.

And she had an accident. In front of everyone. She was terribly upset, but the next day wanted to wear panties again. We have had no accidents since then and she has been in panties every day. Of course, she wears the diaper at night, but this morning, she was dry!

She went to the potty right away, peed, and then said "Wow, mommy, that was a big one."

Only problem is, she won't poop on the toilet. She says her butt is too big (shoot, girl, if yours is too big...what about mommy's?). And she won't put a diaper on because it's not a "big girl" thing to do. So she hasn't pooped in three days.

I know you all can't wait, so I'll keep you posted on that.

She's riding her bike around the driveway every night and getting much better at it. She likes to go fast (yeah, she's my kid) and loves to chat with me while she rides, and then stop for a kiss every few rounds. I love it. I can sit and watch her and read my book, and she does circles endlessly. Perfect for both of us.

On the adoption side, I think my heart is breaking. There haven't been any referrals yet this month and I so desperately want other families to be united with their children so that I can realize my time is coming closer. I want to bring him home. Now. Like on the plane in an hour. *sigh* I keep telling myself its all in his good time, but that's not making it easier at all.

Hurry up everybody!

1 comment:

Jori said...

I agree with "everyone hurry up"!!! Glad Dagney is riding better but then you know ... she is going to want to go farther than circles!! No more sit and read! :):)
I agree with having you at about #21 but only an idea! I think we are at about 18 so who knows!! :):):)
love ya, Jori