Monday, July 28, 2008

Ragweed


So, I look out the window at my garden and am quite impressed with myself. Everything is healthy (mostly) and growing (pretty much) and there's this large plant in the middle which I thought was a pepper. Only there's no flowers, its not producing anything, and its taller than I am.

So Marc tells me to take a picture and take it to church, where there are a lot of farmers that can probably help me figure it out. I take the picture and guess what Alan tells me it is?

Ragweed! A giant ragweed in the garden! And I'm really allergic to ragweed! Well no wonder I've been miserable weeding. Anyway, Marc pulled it right away and underneath, low and behold, we find that the potato that Dagny and I planted on a lark is growing merrily away.

So next year I'm going to plant potatoes in one corner of the garden, just to see what happens.

What is it with kids being afraid to poop in the toilet? Dagny is doing it again, holding everything in until it hurts. She already knows if she keeps it up, we're going to do the same thing we did last time, which I really don't want to do and neither does she. We'll see what happens.

And Sunday, Marc and I got another date day. My friend Maria came over to watch Dagny and we went to Sioux Falls and saw the Dark Knight, which was excellent. I haven't seen a movie that good in a long time and I really hope they nominate Heath Ledger (Rest his soul) for an Oscar. He was fabulously awful.

We're getting ready for vacation at the end of the week, so I'll probably not be blogging until we get back. Four families have passed court and will be travelling in August (YAY!) and there's been a few more referrals. Just keep your fingers crossed that things will keep moving along!

No comments: