Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Light and the Darkness

I'll start with the darkness first, since its always better to follow bad with good, so you end on a better note. Our dog is very sick. The vet asked me if I wanted to hear the word (starts with 'c') and I said no, so she didn't say it. He's throwing up every day and not finishing his food and Dagny is starting to realize something is wrong. It's very hard. He's 13 and has been with Marc since he was 8 weeks old and he is my first dog altogether. I've never had to really deal with the loss of a large pet (my parents dealt with our cat) and I'm terrified every day that I will come home and he will be dead. I just don't want him to suffer at all. The vet says we will know when he's got a bad quality of life and we should just manage the symptoms until then. All right, I'll go along with that.


There's a lot of stress at Marc's work right now, so he needs a few prayers sent his way. I'm not going to go into details, since they're many and varied and would get boring, but suffice it to say that he needs a bit of a boost. Got a board meeting this week, so we'll see how that goes.


In lighter news, we just got back from a weekend up at the cabin and the weather was perfect. We fished and took walks and rode around the lake in the boat (it was very windy) shrieking happily with our arms spread out wide while Marc drove us really fast. It was quite fun. We also visited a winery that we had never seen before and got a few books at a sale. When we came home, it was hot, but our tomatoes were turning red and we had fresh tomato sauce on pasta last night and it was divine.


We are also about number 5 in line for a baby boy now. The wait is almost done and I'm fairly trembling with it. I've been crying every day but I'm not sure if it is from joy or terror. I guess we'll see. Maybe we can have this baby home for Christmas. Wouldn't that be wonderful?


And now I leave you with something a bit offensive, but I just have to post it. The following is a photograph of a squash that was growing in my garden when I got back and it's suggestive to say the least. Enjoy.




Come on, admit it, you laughed.

2 comments:

Jori said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dog - Family pets are just that ... family!
Wonderful news of fishing and screaming in the wind - just a great weekend can do wonders for the soul!!
YOU ARE #5!!!!! Can you believe it has finally arrived!?!? You better be calling me say anytime in the next 6 weeks???!!!! I am so excitted for you! Come on ref and MIRACLE October!!
love ya, jori

vinceandalisa said...

hee hee, my hubby will appreciate this one..
Alisa ;)