Thursday, September 11, 2008

New Angels



Just to update, the procedure went fine. His veins were so weak, they sedated him so he wouldn't feel the needle poking and he fell asleep with his head in my lap. She had warned us that he might vocalize or lose bowel control, but he did neither. He just looked up and us and sighed before he passed and it was over.


They allowed us to bring the body home and we buried him in the backyard after letting Dagny say goodbye. She seemed to understand that he had gone to heaven, bu later asked me if she could go out and kiss him to make him come back, like they do in the stories. She placed the first handful of dirt, and when the hole was full, we moved over a pot of pink geraniums and sang Amazing Grace.


God has a new angel now. Thank you so much to all of you who sent messages of support and prayer. It's so lonely in the house this morning without him following me around and I keep thinking I can hear his tags jangling as he scratches. It'll definitely be a new experience, having a quiet house.


And to the dogs waiting for him to join their pack in heaven, he's a good boy. Be nice.


Thank you.

3 comments:

Rob and Candy said...

It's so hard to say goodbye to a pet who has become a part of your family. Praying

Susan said...

I am weeping for you all. I need to go hug my flea-infested Jasmine now.

Love you! Susan

kim said...

So sorry to hear about your family friend. We are lifting you up!
Kim (YG)