Friday, March 28, 2008

Even more waiting!


So I saw in that last post that I copied over that we mailed in our paperwork at the end of February. We are DTE as of March 3, which means our dossier traveled to Ethiopia on the that date and was then picked up by Girmachew the following Sunday morning. And now we have joined the ranks of the truly 'pregnant' moms, who are waiting desperately for their referrals from the Ethiopian government.

They tell us it will take about 5 months, possibly as many as seven. That puts us right smack dab into July. That wouldn't be a problem except the courts close in August and September. Which means we might get a referral in July and have to wait until October for a court date, which would mean we wouldn't go and get him until November, which will throw a wrench into my parents plans, since they were supposed to go to Japan in November and they might have to cancel to watch Dagny. Whew...that was a long sentence. And there's no use worrying about the timing. That'll come as its supposed to, right? We'll just cross that bridge when we get there.

We had nine referrals this week on the yahoogroups site for Ethiopia through AWAA. NINE! that means in a month or so (hopefully) more children will come home! I am so happy for those families and I can't wait until it's my turn to go and get my son.

In other news, Granny is doing fine physically, but she is now on the medication for Alzheimers, since she no longer really recognizes us or knows what year it is. It's very hard to visit, but we try for a couple times a week at least.

My cousin Terri Jo had a baby this weekend as well, Sunday (Easter baby!) at 3:46 PM. His name is Isaac and he weighed 6 lbs, 11 ozs. They have not been able to take him home yet because he is having problems with his glucose levels, so keep him in your prayers. He is at the NICU in St. Paul, undergoing tests. He's so beautiful though.

And the wait just might kill me.

2 comments:

Rob and Candy said...

I love your blog! If you need help creating the paypal buttons for your shirts, let me know. I will be happy to help!
candy

Team Dragovich said...

Hi Stephanie, I wanted to come "visit" you and say, I like your blog! July isn't so far away... famous last words, right??? I'll be stalking :)

Love,
Shari from YG
paperchasing