Friday, March 28, 2008

Let's get Physical!

October 6, 2007

Okay, so this morning Marc and I (and Dagny) have to go get physicals. They're going to test absolutely everything, from thyroid and liver function, to TB and Hepatits. And Dagny has to have a physical, too, though since she just had one recently, it's not a big deal for her. But it should be fun, a family visit to the doctor's office.

Marc is stressed out and worried that someone he won't be healthy enough to go through with this adoption. The only problem he has is being a bit overweight. Who in America isn't a bit overweight? (Supermodels not included). I'm a bit overweight (but going to Weight Watchers), I've got asthma, been diagnosed with PTSD (though its much better now), and have regular sinus infections.

Other than Marc's weight, he's as healthy as a horse. He has white coat syndrome, which means when a doctor gets close, he gets very nervous, so he's been tracking his blood pressure for the past two or three weeks to prove its good, because when our doctor takes it, it always seems high.I think we'll be fine. I will, of course, post our results here so you all can laugh. :)

We're doing pretty well on the paperwork so far, collecting the bits and pieces we need for our home study. With an exhibit going in at work, trying to get things in the house organized, and getting new carpet, I'm left with very little time to do anything else and i've determined that I simply scheduled too much to happen in one month. But I'll survive it. After next week, things will slow down and get much better.

And I should have more time to finish getting ALL the things I need for the study. I don't have to have it all for the first meeting, but the more I have done, the less I have to worry about. Basically, I need to finish our financial statement, write a short autobiography (which won't be very interesting) and prove that I'm employed. Not too bad, right? Marc has a bit more to do for himself, but he'll get it done eventually, if I poke him a bit.

Anyhoo, that's the news from the front as of today. I'll write more later.

No comments: