Friday, March 28, 2008

Physical Results

October 10, 2007

So, our physicals were normal. Everything was fine: no HIV, no Tetanus, no Hepatitis, none of that. Even Dagny's TB test was negative. She was such a big girl for getting that, she didn't even fuss too much.

But she did insist on watching my blood test and stood right next to me. "Whatcha doin'?" she asks, in her small voice."I'm taking your mommy's blood," the tech replies."Hey, that's MOMMY'S blood," Dagny says, looking a bit mutinous. I have to reassure her that it's fine and the nice lady needs the blood to run some tests. She doesn't look as if she believes me.

Then, of course, I have to pee in a cup. There's nothing like trying to explain to a toddler (who is trying to learn to use the toilet) why Mommy is peeing into a cup instead of into the bowl. And there's performance anxiety involved here, since she stood right between my knees and stared at the cup very curiously.

But we made it through, with stickers and suckers to assure the kid (I didn't get one...sigh) and everyone went to lunch mostly happy.

Our Home Study occurs this Saturday, though not in our home. We're meeting our coordinator at a Happy Chef in Mankato for lunch and all of those things that come with a first home study. I have no idea what that entails, but you can be sure I'll write about it here.

And I really miss Cassie.

No comments: