Monday, March 31, 2008

Mispellings...

So, you all know the title of the blog is Ephroms Family...well, I spelled it wrong. It's a very long story. Originally, it was not me that misspelled the name, it was Marc.

See, Dagny has a drawing of her name downstairs that her granpa John got her in New York City while he was waiting for theater tickets. It's her name drawn in rainbow colors and dolphins and rainbows, and things like that. When Marc was at Disneyland (on business, if you can believe that...) he bought one for our son, with bamboo, dragons, and other oriental symbols and its fabulous. Only he spelled his name Ephrom.

In my head, it had always been spelled Ephraim, so I was a bit shocked by the spelling from Marc, but I thought "Well, it's not bad, really" and I ran with it.

The other night, Marc told me that we had to spell it right and we'll get Ephraim a new name sign to frame, one that is spelled correctly.

So his name is EPHRAIM, which means fertile in Hebrew and Amharic.

I told you it was a long story.

Today schools were closed and the museum wasn't open due to weather, so Dagny and I are home doing mommy and daughter things. The snow has sort of stopped, but Marc says the roads are still bad, so we'll just stay home. I had been so hoping for spring...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad my d/h had a gorgeous open-work type belt buckle made for me and spelled MY name wrong..... never bothered to get another one...

Jori said...

just wanted to say hi and see how you are hanging in there! Jori